Nokia Asha 306 hit shelves back in July and is now one of the most popular Asha series handsets available in emerging markets.The budget-friendly handset runs the Finnish company’s latest S40 UI and offers basic phone features, along with some exclusive Nokia apps and services.
Today, Nokia announced the Asha 306 would receive a new software update that should bring the phone’s firmware to version 5.93. The handset maker also confirmed the following changes would be included in this update:
- Phone software stability improvements;
- Improved display brightness and touch screen performance;
- Improved phone memory handing;
- Correction for the Taipei time zone;
- General performance and usability improvements.
The rollout of the update has already been started for Asha 306 (RM-767 and RM-768) in Middle East, Africa, South East Asia and Pacific regions (including India), as well as for some users from Latin Americas.