UCWeb has just released a new version of UC Browser for Android smartphones. Unlike Mini and HD browsers, this version offers less features and functions.
However, developers claim that they are devoting their time to a major update (9.0), which is expected to arrive in the coming weeks.
Until then, those who still wish to try out the new UC Browser 8.6 will be able to take advantage of the following new features and improvements:
- Better Homepage: users can add more websites on their homepage;
- Auto Reconnection for Download: while on an unreliable network environment, download manager will reconnect failed download tasks automatically;
- Improved Language Display: Persian, Arabic and Korean text can be displayed normally on webpages;
- Better memory usage management, especially for low-end devices;
- Show remaining time on downloading notification in status bar.
UC Browser 8.6 is now available as a free download via Softpedia and it should be fully compatible with all devices running Android 2.1 and up. Check it out here.