We reported a few days ago that Verizon and Samsung plan to deliver a new software update for the Galaxy S III and it looks like it’s live now.
Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, also known as software update JZO54K.I535VRBMB1 brings some neat new features and improvements that are detailed below:
- Keyboard Predictive Text feature has been improved;
- User can take pictures while on a call;
- Manual refresh button has been added to lock screen stock ticker;
- Email syncing has been improved;
- Bluetooth performance has been improved;
- VZ Navigator and Amazon have been added to stub applications.
The update is about 150MB in size and is pushed OTA (over the air), in stages. This means that not all Samsung Galaxy S III might receive it at the same time, so you may want to check for it manually by going to Settings / About phone / Software update.